SAN BERNARDINO, CA — December 6, 2022 — (NOTICIAS NEWSWIRE) — Rebecca Luna (aka Old School Becky Lu), Board Director and member of the Arts & Entertainment Committee for the Hispanic Coalition of Small Businesses (HCSB), and Chair of the Desert Hispanic Chamber of Commerce in Palm Desert, will continue the nearly eight-decade old legacy of pioneering DJ Art Laboe’s Connection Show. Art Lab, a legend in the radio industry, passed away Oct. 7 of this year. Radio stations throughout California and Arizona will continue to air the syndicated oldies show with Old School Becky Lu as its host.
"The Art Laboe Connection Show" will air on stations like 93.5 KDAY Los Angeles and KOKO Jammin' 94.3 Fresno on Sunday nights from 6 pm to midnight PT.
Frank Montes, HCSB Chair, and Bel Hernandez, Chair of the HCSB Arts & Entertainment Committee and Founder/CEO of Latin Heat Media, congratulated Rebecca on her new endeavor. “We are so proud of Rebecca and the commitment to continuing this form of entertainment, which also serves as an important communications vehicle for the program’s many listeners and their loved ones,” said Montes.
Hernandez added her congratulations, saying, “Rebecca not only will continue Art Laboe’s legacy, but also as a member of the HCSB Arts & Entertainment Committee, she will help bridge the gap of understanding of entertainment professionals as small business/entrepreneurs while promoting and elevating the image of the U.S. Latino through various educational and artistic endeavors.”
Rebecca (Old School Becky Lu) responded, “My goal with this new opportunity is to help inspire and open the door for other Latinos/Latinas in the Arts & Entertainment industry. My role as a Board Director and member of the HCSB Arts & Entertainment Committee will help me achieve this goal.”
How Rebecca Luna became Old School Becky Lu:
– Began her radio journey in 2011 as part of the inaugural group that launched KCOD Radio, the first ever terrestrial college radio station at College of the Desert in Palm Desert, CA
– Served as On-Air Personality hosting two music programs, Wired Live at 5, and Rock-a-Holics
– Gained experience in sales, promotions/street team, production, and on-air talent at Alpha Media Palm Springs
– Recorded 100+ radio commercials/spots in local and national radio at Alpha Media Palm Springs
– Hired in 2017 as a call screener at Dart Entertainment, Art Laboe's company
– Was the last person hired as a Dart Entertainment employee
– In 2020, Becky Lu got her on-air break on The Art Laboe Connection as the co-host of the show
– Becky Lu was the only co-host Art Laboe ever had in his 80+ career on his legendary radio program, “The Art Laboe Connection”
About Hispanic Coalition of Small Businesses
The Hispanic Coalition of Small Businesses is a nonprofit organization comprising an alliance of diverse organizations based in the Southern California region. HCSB is committed to Advancing Small Business Communities in the region and across the country by championing and empowering coalitions among Hispanic and diverse small businesses, government, and local communities by providing resources and opportunities to ensure their success. While the HCSB coalition name is new, the people (Chairman, Board of Directors, Committee Chairs, Affiliate Members) are well-established and experienced members of the community who have been at the helm of local, regional, statewide, and national organizations. https://www.hcsb-us.org/.